SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niket_aggarwal

Need help with sprucing up a living room!

Niket Aggarwal
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am looking for some design tips to help make the room in the picture more lively. I am making some changes so need advice on what would work with the new setup.

Change 1: Changing the floor stain - I am changing the hardwood stain to light natural-greyish tone. The current color is very dark.

Change 2: Changing the accent wall. The current accent wall is the TV wall. I am changing the accent wall to be behind the couch since I would like to add a collection of my photography. So all other walls will become the greyish white tone and the new accent wall would be a navy-greenish color.

Change 3: Barstools will be changed to a tan color again to go better with the new floor.

Change 4. The dining table will be re-stained to a lighter tone.

I would appreciate advice on other ideas to make this living room more lively. In particular I would like to add a chandelier in the room as well as would like advice on whether there should be a rug underneath the dining given the dimensions of the room. Any other advice to make this room even prettier would be helpful too! Just one note, I am not too keen on moving the stuff around since this placement of furniture really maximizes the area but if somebody thinks there is better way to do this then would love to hear that too!

Thank You all the great people on this forum for helping out!

Comments (7)