Hump Day Brain Game----SOLUTION

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (64)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Don’t let me lead you astray, Rusty. I’ve been confident and wrong too many times, and this time I’m not even confident.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Thanks for the spoiler alert, foas. I'll look at it tomorrow if I haven't gotten it yet.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

The more I think about it, the less convinced I am of either. Esp 2.

As for spoiler alerts, I try and hope it catches on. I like reading what people get hung up on but dislike when I unwittingly read a clue.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’ve changed 2 to something I’m slightly more comfortable with. My answer for 3 seems less likely with the new dawn.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I have a thought for 3 but it's middle of the night thinking, so who knows?

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I give up! I'll just stay confused until Jasdip posts the answers. :^)

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS, I like your Linda clue but I don’t think that’s the answer. It’s a great answer and I think I prefer it to what the answer probably will be.

Thinking about Linda, it makes me sad that we don’t hear from her any more. 😉

^^^^my clue.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I didn't get #3 yesterday, but when I looked at it today, it came to me immediately, as did a second answer for #2. I have two very good solutions for #2, and I'm sure one of them is correct, but I still like both of them.

I didn't read Roxsol's clue before the answer came to me, but her clue does make sense.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Well, I still am not sure about 3, so I looked at FOAS’ spoiler. Still don’t get it. But now I wonder what she’s thinking about 2! My answer, which I’m pretty sure is right (which means it isnt) has nothing to do with that suggestion.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

Oh Crimney. I just got #3 and with no help since the clues made no sense to me. Now Roxol's hint makes sense.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm the one who's dense. I don't see what Linda has to do with #3. But Roxsol's clue makes sense.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Love her!!!

It's not the title of the song.....

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

But speaking of songs, wouldn't an Elvis song be closer? Not the whole title, but, sort of a hint....?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh 3 just came to me too!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bingo!

• User
    2 years ago

FOAS

I liked Blue Bye U. I don’t think it’s right but I think it is clever.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Yeah wrong song!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Okay, since everyone is posting hints, I'll say this, the answer I have for #3 is just something that I thought sounded 'right', and maybe it could be a song title. So I just Googled my answer, and it actually is a song, but not one I've ever heard of. Haven't heard of the artist who does it, either. But I will be VERY surprised if I turn out to be right.

Rusty

• bpath
    2 years ago

Roxsol, I love it! And letttersatoz, a definite contender.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Rusty - Based on some comments I have a feeling some of us are thinking about the same thing but it’s not the title of the song we’re thinking of. Does that make sense? And based on your comment I think we’re on the same page as well.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

My 'guess' is the title of a song, or at least part of a title. As I said, it's one I've never heard of, and I am familiar with all the songs y'all are talking about. At least, the songs I think y'all are talking about. I could be way off base on that, too.

Rusty

• User
    2 years ago

Rusty, I think it is a title of a Jimmie Rodgers song.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

The yodeling Jimmie Rodgers?

• User
    2 years ago

Yes

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Are you all ready for the answers or is it too soon?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

One more stupid hint: it’s what I told sharon the talk did

• User
    2 years ago

Number 2 is what I think Sharon on The Talk had.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

What? Help us Jasdip!!!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

LOL. FOAS, do you all want the answers??

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Up to you, my vote says we’re ready

• Rusty
    2 years ago

^^^^^ YES! ! ! Please!

Rusty

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

You guys are a riot and I'm having fun with this one.

I'm going to make you all pull out your hair.

Number 1 is.............Talking a Mile a Minute!!

Did you get that one?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Stop making me text and drive!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    2 years ago

FOAS?! behave
    For once, I actually got all of them except one, including #1. I might have number two I might not.

Answers?

• User
    2 years ago

Yikes, this is getting dangerous😳

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

FOAS---Smarten up!!! :-D At least you're stopped in traffic.

I posted the answer to #1.

I was toying with the idea of dragging this out to make it a challenge. But I'd better post ALL the answers.

1. Talking a Mile a Minute
    2. Face Lift
    3. Blue Without You
    4. Foreign Policy
    5. Juke Box
    6. Half Sister

• User
    2 years ago

Whew! Let’s all wind down with some music

• Lars
    2 years ago

I got all of these correct, although I had an additional response to #2, which was "face up", which I think is equally valid. I didn't think of face lift until I had seen it twice, which is the same time that I figured out #3.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I got #3 at the last minute while laughing at all your comments. The rest I had.

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

All but #3 came to me immediately when I first saw them. The answer that I came up with for #3 - which is wrong - is "blankie." As in, baby wants its blankie (blanket).

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

(Yeah I was stopped. For like an hour. Thanks for the entertainment!)

Now I can’t believe I didn’t get 2! I started with “upside the face” hence my “smack” hint, but the expression is head not face. So I switched to “about face” as the arrows were pointing to areas about the face.

And my rambling about thinking of a song but it wasn’t really the song, went along with the Elvis reference, was linking Blue Christmas to being blue without you.

• bpath
    2 years ago

I also had Face Up for 2, and like Lars I think it’s equally valid. But, I guess for Face Up they could have just done without the arrows. Perhaps the arrows indicate the movement of “lift”.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I had 'Face up to it' for #2, but I got the rest of them right. I didn't know Jimmy Rodgers had a song "Blue Without You", this is what I got when I Googled it. I've never heard of anyone in that video, or whatever it is they are performing, NOT my kind of music!

But these brain games are fun, regardless of how many we get right or wrong. Helps keep the grey matter stirred up and working.

Rusty

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Oops, link didn't work, trying again: Blue Without You

Rusty

• lily316
    2 years ago

I cannot believe I got them all.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Like Lars and bpath, I had 'face up', which makes more sense to me anyway😄
    Got all the rest - woohoo!

• lily316
    2 years ago

I wrote down face up at first but later when I saw the arrows I changed it to facelift.

• aok27502
    2 years ago

100%. Yesssssssssss!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Me too! Got them all.