Houzz Logo Print

hardwood floor refinish - flooring company rushing

V Bybee
last year

Hi! We are currently having our hardwood floors refinished and they put the second coat of poly down today, finished at 8pm. The company wants us to let the painter come in tomorrow at 8am to install the shoe moulding and paint trim. Shouldn’t they wait 24 hours?? They used an oil-based polyurethane (not sure of brand, probably duraseal or minwax). I live in Tennessee which is very humid and I believe it’s going to rain (30% chance) tonight. Should I tell them to wait until Thursday? Any advice you can give us appreciated.

Comments (25)