SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Photography help?

mtnrdredux_gw
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have noticed that, even on high end homes, some of the exterior shots appear to be taken with a different camera or at a different time of year. I would have thought of that as a bit of a no-no, but as a practical matter I suppose no one wants to do multiple seasonal shoots or is even planning that far in advance. So...

I have an iphone XS Max, and I was thinking of using it to take some exterior shots of our home this spring and summer, to capture certain bloom times, etc. When we do put our home on the market, these can supplement what the professional takes. Any tips on how to take the best shots for this purpose? I know not to zoom, and I plan to buy a tripod and bluetooth remote. Any other ideas/tips?

Also, is it ok to use my Iphone? or should i use a digital camera, or does it depend? What about using an app on my iphone?

So much of what you read about the quality of iphone cameras focuses on low light situations, action, or portraits --- none of which apply. This is for outdoor daytime landscaping photos. Probably not even of the house per se.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!