SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Surf, Turf & Earth? Lamb, Clams, & Ramps. HMD!

Happy Mother's Day to all!!

Saw some recipes on Google some time ago, Lamb, clams and ramps. Sounded very interesting. So I made my version for HMD.

Sous vide lamb chops, mussels instead of clams. I happened to have ramps in my garden and I added asparagus also from my garden. Got some fiddlehead fern from farmers market.

So the lamb chops were perfectly done, that I am not proud of. Because timing and temperature were electronically automatic perfect with sous vide. But I am proud that I was able to get the amaryllis to bloom exactly on HMD. It was not easy to get the timing and temperature right for several month.

dcarch

Comments (8)

• plllog
    2 years ago

Dcarch, that's lovely. Great composition, and it looks good enough to eat. I'm not sure if you were being jocular or if you forced the flowers, but they’re pretty. Did you grow the ramps in a pot or in the ground?

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    2 years ago

I had fiddleheads yesterday! The ferns have invaded my yard from the neighbor's. Usually I miss the fiddlehead stage (and did for several this year) but I've been able to harvest some twice so far.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you plllog!

Yes I attempted to time the amaryllis to bloom on Mother's day by using temperature and moisture control. I got lucky. I grow ramps in my garden. They are doing nicely.

Thank you Fun2BHere! I figured that paying attention to arranging food does not cost money.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio, I bought ostrich ferns to grow, but none survived.

dcarch

• kathyg_in_mi
    2 years ago

Beautiful and I bet delicious!

• lisaam
    2 years ago

The first photo is spectacular— I’d want to hang it. My friend used a piece of art under glass on the wall behind her stove. Instead of a tile backsplash. This would be perfect kitchen art.

• glenda smith
    2 years ago

Yummy!

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you, kathyg_in_mi, lisaam and Glenda. You are very kind.

dcarch