jasdip1

Sunday Brain Game----SOLUTION!!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (42)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Struggling with 1, 4 might be wrong, rest came quickly.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Have all but #4, I think. Need another cup of coffee.

Rusty

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I have #2, #3, #5 and #6. I'm in a rush and will have to come for the others.

• bpath
    2 years ago

All but #1. And maybe #3.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I got all of them rather quickly, but I could be wrong on #4.

• lily316
    2 years ago

At first brief glance I got nada.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Aha, came back and got #1.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

All but #1. dang

• lily316
    2 years ago

Can't get 1. Clues?

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh! I think I got 1 now. Maybe.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Still can't get #4. Possible clue for #1 (if my guess is right), think 'shopping'.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Hint/spoiler/don’t read if you don’t want a clue. Lily, IF I have it right think marketing, sales, finance, IT, HR, etc.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Hint/spoiler/don’t read if you don’t want a clue. Rusty, IF I’m right it’s very simple. Think Leona Helmsley. They pay taxes.

ETA no. ^^^ it just came to me. Think scottish

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, I think the noun would be folk, if you're thinking Scottish.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Not quite what I’m thinking of bpath

but I could be twice wrong

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Think I have them all now - thanks for the clue on #1. That was the only one hanging me up.

• lily316
    2 years ago

I'm still clueless. My brain is not working.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Would the constitution have anything to do with #4? ? ? (SMH)

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

That’s what I’m thinking

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

There's a Disney movie with #4 in its title, I think...

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

That was the obvious first thought but I’m guessing it’s wrong.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Ah, Rusty, you might be right! Very good!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

I'm still stuck on #1.... eager to see the answer and guessing it will be another one of those that make me kick myself. Still, I actually do like these better when I don't get them all so easily.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I think this Canadian got #4 with the hints about the constitution but #1 is completely baffling me.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

DH got #1 for me in a second but he was completely clueless about the rest. So it goes.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

How did you do with #1?

1. Open for Business
    2. Travel Back in Time
    3. Off Sides
    4. We the People
    5. Triathalon
    6. Hand in Hand

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

With #1 I don’t think my answer is particularly better or worse than the “correct” answer: business divisions.

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

I had The Little People for #4

• bpath
    2 years ago

Darn, for #3 I had “split off”.

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I never did get #1 but thanks for the clues.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

I was definitely wrong about #1 and #4.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I thought #1 was relatively easy, my first guess turned out to be the right one. Kept trying to make something out of 'little people' for #4, until FOAS said 'Scottish', then it hit me, 'wee' for 'little'. So, thanks to FOAS, I got them all right. And I agree with whoever above said they are more fun when the answers don't come too easy. Or something like that.

Rusty

• lily316
    2 years ago

I did not get 1 and I had time travel for 2 so I counted that as correct.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    2 years ago

Much as I enjoy these, and usually get them, I often have trouble forcing them into the intended wording because they don’t express the phrase accurately. Or it’s not a phrase I come across in my version of English. This time round I knew what 5 was meant to be but the word is spelled triathlon, not triathalon. Open for business is a stretch because there are 4 words, so accurately it reads ‘opening in businesses‘. I guessed ‘off sides’ but why is it plural? Is that an expression in US English?

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Floral, I don't know where the origin is of the site that I'm getting these from. I too disagree with some of the wording of ones in the past. As you pointed out, off-sides isn't a common phrase......it's offside. And yes it's 'triathlon' I should have corrected it, I just did the c/p

So go with your gut everyone and say what 'you' feel is the right phrase, don't get hung up on the wording in the answers.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Funny, when I opened this this morning and looked again (before scrolling down to the answers), #1 immediately came to me. Once again, I'm scratching my head as to how I could've missed that! Still love these....

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I think the whole point of these, and much of the fun in solving them, is not expecting them to be exactly 'correct', or accurate phrases. Not everything is always cut and dried, or perfect. A little imagination, or whimsey, or humor, or whatever you want to call it, adds to the game.

Rusty

• nicole___
    2 years ago

#1 made NO sense because they repeated it 4 times. Right! Once was enough....or it made you question your answer. ♥

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

What Rusty said.

And floral, “off sides” is a very common use/misuse of the term in American English. From sideline soccer moms to sportscasters, you’ll hear it everywhere.

• Lindsey_CA
    2 years ago

"Open for business is a stretch because there are 4 words, so accurately it reads ‘opening in businesses‘."

Don't look at it as 4 words - there are four businesses. Open "four" business = Open for business.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

^^^^this

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I didn't come close to figuring out an answer for #1.