SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaina_lam

Help with Ceiling/Trim for SW Alabaster Walls

Shaina Lam
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm currently building a house that will have white shaker kitchen cabinets + island and white bathroom vanities. The kitchen cabinets are 42 inches and will touch the ceiling. I'm thinking about using SW Alabaster on the walls but can't decide if I should leave the ceiling and trim the standard white color (don't sure what the exact color is) or if I should paint the ceiling, walls, trim all Alabaster but just a different shade. Alabaster is a tad warmer/darker (very, very slightly) but I'm afraid an Alabaster ceiling will look dark against standard white cabinets, or Alabaster walls with standard white ceiling and trim may make Alabaster come off too yellow.

I am thinking of three options:

1. Alabaster ceiling, walls, trim with standard white shaker cabinets

2. Alabaster ceiling and walls with standard white trim and white shaker cabinets (maybe having that standard white in other places helps balance out Alabaster and the cabinets and adds depth?)

3. Alabaster walls with standard white ceiling, trim, and cabinets

I also attached a layout of my kitchen in case that helps (the top cabinets are incorrect and should reach the ceiling) and the original floor plan (I extended the kitchen cabinets and island). Also attached pics of the paint sample with the cabinet and quartz countertop. And the master bedroom has a sloped ceiling.

Please help! Thank you!!!

Comments (25)