SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avoirgold_jen

Need Help Downsizing

Jen S.
3 years ago

Hi all! It’s been a while since I popped in. My last swap was in 2012 when this was the original Gardenweb site, but I saw some familiar names in recent posts (hi Kimka and busyasabee!). So many people were incredibly generous when I had nothing to give in return, and they helped me build some big, beautiful beds.

Unfortunately, I need help reducing those beds now. My health has declined to the point that I can’t keep my beds clear anymore, and I’ve been a bit overrun in the last 5-6 years. I hate tossing plants when I have to rip them out and send them to the county’s compost heap if someone could use it.

You can have anything from the lists below. Quantities are guesstimates, so first come first served.

Pics of some of the more prolific plants or things that just have to go are here: https://imgur.com/gallery/0fKJuu7. Also some things with names I can’t remember.

Please let me know if you are interested, and we can schedule an appointment. I don’t want too many people at once because there are things I want to keep. COVID precautions will be in effect, but no mask outside at least 6 ft apart. For reference, I am fully vaccinated as of 4/16 (Pfizer).

Thanks!

Jen

Jennifer Smith

Columbia, MD

-AS MUCH AS YOU WANT-

-MORE LIMITED QUANTITIES-

• a few redbud seedlings, not sure if some are Chinese (more bush than tree) or the normal eastern
  • rose of Sharon, big and small, I think they’re all white with reddish centers
  • sycamore seedlings
  • different maple seedlings and small trees, 1 is at least 5 feet
  • a couple of small seedling oaks
  • Vlad’s thornless blackberries
  • Periscaria lance corporal and another purple variety whose name I can’t remember
  • Spiderwort
  • Butterfly bushes lavender pinky flowers
  • Honeysuckle
  • Trumpet vine
  • Arum
  • Hellebore
  • Ferns (see pic list below)
  • 1 kniphoffia
  • 1-2 yucca
  • Clematis
  • 1-2 azaleas
  • 3 asparagus
  • Penstemon, Husker Red
  • Japanese silver grass
  • Honeysuckle
  • Trumpet vine
  • 1-3 named daylilies whose names I can’t remember
  • 1-3 big phlox, varieties unknown but probably pink or white
  • Maybe pale lavender monarda, haven’t seen it yet
  • 1 barberry bush (I think, see pic list)
  • Japanese silver grass
  • A spring bulb, whose name I can’t remember, that has pale pink, trumpet-shaped flowers on a stalk like fritillaria and amaryllis (see pic list)

Comment

Sponsored