SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_908595941

Quartzite slabs broken, picking new ones and re-selecting colors. Gah!

Hi, all!

I had posted a few weeks ago about finish options for our kitchen to complement the Tempest Blue quartzite slabs we had bought. We had settled on a finish and color, but then we got a call from our fabricator that they had rejected delivery of the slabs due to cracks and damage. The place we bought them from had no more from that bundle, and what was available from one of their other warehouses just didn't do it for us.

We've found a quartzite called Caitite that we both like and have the slabs on hold. It looks like it is "shattered" with streaks of lightning cutting across it, so we figure, if this one gets damaged we'll be none the wiser (kidding, but it helps to find silver linings). Anyhoo - the lighting is terrible in the warehouse, but here it is. I like the moodiness of it and was thinking about pairing it with quite a dark gray. What do y'all think? The hubs' response was "yikes!" to the idea of such dark cabinets. Are there any good lighter colors you could recommend? The kitchen is in a shared space with the living room, which is an off-white with black trim and black doors, so I don't think the darker hue will be out of place.

This is our new selection. That yellow color down the middle is not quite as yellow, it's just really terrible lighting.

A palette I found with colors I like:

Comments (24)