Anyone watching Mare of Easttown?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)

I read a few things so thought I’d give it a try. We are halfway through episode 1 and I’m torn. Not much going on and very dreary.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eileen

I didn't like it. There is not a speck of joy in the entire episode. DH liked it and thought it was "reality". He must live in a different world than I do.

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

I'm watching because there's nothing on in that time slot that I want to watch. At first I did not like Kate's character, esp. during the first episode, but now she's tolerable. Just another who-done-it.

Save    
Annette Holbrook(z7a)

Ok, DH and decided to get through episode 2. It is showing quite a bit of promise. The characters are really fleshing out and it got moving! Looking forward to more.

Save    
Eileen

We watched episode 2 because of your comment. We liked it better and will continue. Still dreary though.

Save    
Ded tired

Haven’t seen it but it was filmed in and around Philadelphia. There was lots of publicity about how Kate had to master the local Delaware County accent, which is unique to say the least. I’d like to see it just to see the local scenery but not enough to pay for HBO. It’s gotten pretty good reviews here.

Save    
graywings123

I am enjoying it. Would like to talk about it but don't want to spoil it for those just finding it.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Kitchen Sinks: Soapstone for Germ-Free Beauty and Durability
Stains and bacteria? Not on soapstone's watch. But this sink material's benefits don't come cheap.
Full Story
Most Popular How to Remodel Your Kitchen
Follow these start-to-finish steps to achieve a successful kitchen remodel
Full Story
Decluttering 10 Types of Clutter to Toss Today
Clear the decks and give the heave-ho to these unneeded items
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
With over 10 years of experience, Eco-Nize Closets is a local, family-owned business that designs & installs... Read More