SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_595680368

Bespoke Ikea....sounds like an oxymoron

Gizmo
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Caption: Thomas and Calle had the kitchen doors manufactured and adapted to Ikea's frames.

Take the tour: https://skonahem.com/inspirerande-hem/vindsvaning-med-himmelsk-takterrass-hogt-over-gamla-stans-takasar/

Comments (14)

• graywings123
    2 years ago

There are several companies that make custom fronts for Ikea boxes.

Gizmo thanked graywings123
  • Gizmo
    Original Author
    2 years ago

^^^^^^^

Good to know

• darbuka
    2 years ago

As @graywings123 said, that’s nothing new. Several companies in the US make doors for IKEA cabs. My son used Scherr’s. Beautiful, and very high quality.

Gizmo thanked darbuka
  • lyfia
    2 years ago

@graywings123 yes there are all over the world. This one appears to reference a company in Sweden as it is an article about an attic apartment in Sweden, Gamla Stan (Old Town) in Stockholm, where it is not as common to do custom doors which is why I'm guessing the article mentions it.

I like the apartment and I love that area. Although I have been Americanized enough to not be a fan of the tight shower.

• User
    2 years ago

and don't forget Ikea hacks. mostly for the crafty person with a low budget, but I sometimes still do it simply because I can't find what I'm looking for. I love this kind of stuff, it's fun.

I didn't make this Kallax hack (I found it online), but look how beautiful!

• Jilly
    2 years ago

I like that kitchen a lot, very charming. I helped DH install an Ikea kitchen for a relative, it really was pretty easy following the directions. Turned out nice (mother-in-law suite).

That’s cute, Mod! My fav is this one because I love caned anything. I’d stain it darker, though.

https://www.houseonlongwoodlane.com/home-renovation/diy-cane-dresser-ikea-tarva-dresser-hack/

• Olychick
    2 years ago

Jinx:

• tartanmeup
    2 years ago

Love Ikea hacks! ( I gussied up the Tarva as my bedside table.) That kitchen looks luxe, except for the single light bulb on ceiling which looks...forlorn? This idea for magazines is kinda cool too:

And the door trim...!!

Love seeing European spaces.

• cawaps
    2 years ago

Deadpool on Ikea assembly.

• User
    2 years ago

cawaps haha!

I love the names of things at Ikea. whenever I go, I snap pictures of the most delightful words. longtime favorites include Frekvens, Malm, and Snits.

• tartanmeup
    2 years ago

Haha! So, that's why the Kullen was discontinued.

• Joaniepoanie
    2 years ago

Love that cane drawer dresser. I’ve been watching Ikea hacks on youtube for built in wall units——not sure we’ll go that route but it’s amazing how creative some are.

• just_terrilynn
    2 years ago

Jinx, lol, I can sooo relate!

Me in the beginning... oh look how fast he tackled that project! Me now... rip that chit up and start over, don’t be so cheesy!

Edited to add:

Husband in the beginning... wow Terri you really did a nice job of it.

Husband now... exactly how many years is it going to take for you to feel it’s perfect enough? This is never going to end!