SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vivianwululu

Kitchen remodeling: Has anyone heard or used renovation angel?

vivianwululu
3 years ago

Tight budget for a whole house remodeling and not sure what to do with the kitchen.

Kitchen is small only 14 by 12.

I was doing research online and found a non profit store called renovation angel. They seems to be a ‘good will’ for high end kitchen. People donate the cabinets and or appliances and other people buy them.

My question is how difficult is it to reuse and reinstall them into the kitchen? Will they get loosened during the shipping etc.? Is it even worth the effort?

I am currently looking at this small preowned kitchen:

https://renovationangel.com/downsview-genteel-white-traditional-pre-owned-kitchen

I drew the layout of my kitchen and designed the cabinets from the above webpage and it seems to be able to fit in my kitchen space roughly but am not sure if something I should be considering and missed?

Like if I should include some length at the bottom on all the cabinets?
The layout of our kitchen was given by the seller and I think it came from the original builder and the layout map said estimate. Should I leave some room when calculate if it would fit? Such as the whole wall length is 90, should I leave 1 or 2 inches of room when design and calculate if the cabinets would fit?

Last question is the refrigerator and dishwasher that comes with this set are built in. Is it easy to change them into free standing one when I need to replace?

Thank you!

Comment (1)