SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5888915

1956 Red Brick Ranch BORING curb appeal

User
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Love all the ideas I am reading here. My turn please! After purchasing this house, all the annual petunias were removed leaving a plain empty 12" wide planter. Which is okay as I love planting. I also removed all the plants ( mostly Lily of the Valley and a few unknown shrubs too close to foundation) up against the house as they were pretty scraggly and unkempt. There is only a 12" planting strip/space between the house and sidewalk all around the front,north side and back .We removed one monolith Spruce that was off the south side driveway, there is another on the north end which we left but plan on giving her a trim up.Replaced the front storm door with a hunter green door and the entry door will be a mid century sage green with 3 vertical windows. Also want to replace under the eaves (soffit?) with a bead board. The black metal supports, mailbox and lamppost... I want to use the hunter green color on new rain gutters and garage door . The windows are all white wood trim painted in high gloss white (yuk) .We Do Not plan on staying in this house long, so what I would do and what is reasonable cost wise are 2 different dilemmas.I won't even start on the INSIDE nightmare !This house is in Montana, so hardy plants are a must. I am not opposed to putting a planting bed in the yard.Thank you in advance for help.C.S.P.S. I tried to upload photos but there was no 'add photo' button

Comments (4)