SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmw1275

Shower/Wall Tile Dilemma - Thoughts Appreciated!

Laura
2 years ago

Seeking opinions… the shower (36” x 54”) in my new bathroom will have a glass corner to maximize openness (glass is yellow lines around the shower in the plan). This tile will be used in the room: 4” x 12” on the shower walls and wall behind the vanity and toilet (brick pattern), 12” x 24” on the room floor, and herringbone on the shower floor. My question relates to the tile and the outside end of the short wall created by using glass on the end of the shower. Do I:

• Wrap the tile around this wall, either stacking 4” x 5.5” pieces or alternating 4” x 5.5” and shorter pieces to create the brick pattern on the wall end;
  • Cut the floor tile to 5.5” x 24” and run it vertically up the end of the wall (leaving the storage cabinet side of the wall drywall or putting tile on it too); or
  • Run a continuous piece of the curb top material up the end of the wall?

Curb top material is TBD but will likely be quartz or Corian.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

PS – I know it’s not ideal to have the shower door swing off the far wall, but I hate sliders and have a hot water recirculating pump – and decided I’d rather have my arm get a little wet turning the water on than have the sliders. Future homeowners can switch to sliders if they like, though by the time I move (if ever), it will likely be time for another renovation! Small bench/shelf at shower end is also not shown at the correct size in the plan below (will be smaller).

Comments (2)