SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Should I've? Would you?

Annie Deighnaugh
2 years ago

The other day while out shopping, I was walking to my car and noticed a nice young mom with a babe in the stroller. She was doing stuff around the back of her car, and, especially in the sunlight, her leggings were quite transparent across her back side. I mean really so... I could've counted the moles on her cheeks! She didn't look like the kind of person who *wanted* that look. The leggings looked like they had various textures, some more sheer than others...I get it when some of the sheer is on the sides of the legs or calves or such, but it was very transparent across her backside. And she wasn't wearing a longer top or jacket or anything to cover it.

So I debated whether I should say something or not. I chose not to given how some people might react, but was sorely tempted.

I remember one of the etiquette experts or advice columnist said that you should say something if it's something they could fix quickly...like if a lady's skirt is caught in her panty hose or she has lettuce on her tooth. But if it's nothing that can be fixed quickly, say nothing.

Would you've said something? Should I have?

Comments (55)