SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_16088187

Front Porch Railing

Brenda Erikson
3 years ago

Should I put railing on the new front porch or not? The style of our house is as shows and it was painted two years ago and some pictures don't show the vibrance of the brick but a samples is in there. I may consider painting the front door an almost black after interior redecorating. The front deck (I want it to be more like a porch) is only 13 inches off the ground; however, there are bushes that grow large in the front so nobody would walk over them to get up. The design shows a left and right rail but I only want a right handrail so it will be flush with the house and nothing sticking out. Also as far as privacy the tree grows up large (and on the west side) and is meant for shade in the evenings. No we really don't use it as we one in the back and then a walkout patio as well and in 22 years we've used them a handful of times and it is on the perfect east side with shade by 4:00. Maybe we will be inspired with new. In 2013 we did a remodel and took down the walls of the formal dining room and it is all open concept inside and that is what you walk into at the front door - thought it would be nice if it started out that way on the front porch as well. What are your thoughts on railing or no railing? Thank You in advance and So Much for all your help.

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info

My Project · More Info