SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

MAY FOTESS SWAP: IT'S BLUE GRASS MONTH FOR OUR GROUP

sandlapper_rose
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

This swap and the related games are for members of the FOTESS group which stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. If you want more information about being a member, please contact me (Jeanne) sandlapper_rose.

I'm posting our May heading early because the Kentucky Derby will be held on Saturday, May 1 and I hope our group members will select a horse from the field who they hope will be the winner. There are lots of horses this year so you have quite a field to pick from. The first person to post that they picked a certain horse, gets it so before you post your pick, look through the other posts to make sure no one has chosen that horse yet. If you post by noon on Fri., April 30 that will be appreciated. Then I will likely randomly draw a remaining horse to assign to you so you will have 2 possibilities of a winner in the race. Of course, the person who has the winning horse, gets a prize.

Here are the choices

Essential Quality

Hot Rod Charlie

Super Stock

Like the King

Known Agenda

Rock Your World

Bourbonic

Medina Spirit

Midnight Bourbon

Mandaloun

Caddo River

Highly Motivated

Helium

Soup and Sandwich

Dynamic One

Sainthood

Hidden Stash

O Besos

Get Her Number

King Fury

As far as I know these names are correct. A horse may be scratched and if you pick one that is scratched, you will simply have to hope your assigned horse is the winner.

As for plans for the month, we will play Bingo and play some "Grass Games" and "Blue(s) Games" - so yes, that's where the BLUE GRASS THEME ties in.

Our monthly swap (if you wish to participate) will be simple. You will send:

• A card (handmade or bought) or a postcard
  • Include a Kentucky or Kentucky Derby Trivia Fact (Your recipient will post what you send so we can all share in the fun)
  • Include something “Blue” in honor of Kentucky Blue Grass Month (seeds, a bookmark, anything simple)

I anticipate your whole swap will ship nicely in an envelope.

Our "Learn About Something" this month will be Grass! I know I always thought grass/lawn/turf was pretty boring since vegetables and flowers are a lot more fun but I think we can appreciate grass ... and if turf and golf course type lawn aren't your thing, there are decorative grasses we can think about. I just checked out 3 books from the library about grasses and will be expanding my knowledge also. I know we must have some members who know about grasses and you can share grass facts with the group also.

If you want to participate in the swap, sign up by May 7th and please mail by May 17th.

Happy Month of May!

Comments (136)