SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maitria

Kitchen Layout changes

M V
2 years ago

We are looking to remodel our Kitchen. We prefer a modern & clean look. Need suggestions/idea on new layout.

Attached are pics of the real kitchen & some proposals.

-Kitchen dimensions are pretty close, may be 1"-2" measurements errors.

-Our usage of Oven is minimal so not having it at the prime spot and also something less space consuming would be great.

-Some way to hide but easy access for appliances - Airfryer/Toaster/Juicer. We don't have a lot but 1-2 we use very often.

-Some pantry space- may be a corner small walkin pantry space.

-Something to hide a long broom- may be in pantry space ?

-Good seating - will prefer island style.

-Large single sinks & some way to cover it also.

-Flow from kitchen to family room - want to take down the railings and have access to the family from kitchen. It can be a small passage too and other areas along that length can be used for low cabinets/shelving on the family side. But shouldn't be visually blocking.

I'm also attaching a sample which I thought of.

• Gas range & cabinet for central wall- in both corners of that wall, I want tall corner pantries. Attached are some samples for corner pantries cabinets.
  • Center island with a large one bowl sink, one side dishwasher & other side small pull out trash bin on.
  • Behind that we can fit some cabinet drawers underneath the island and the rest of the area will be left for seating.
  • Fridge will go in the right corner of the window. Left side we can have a small oven+microwave combo. Between these two some counter space & cabinets underneath. It will cover the window but we are ok with that as there are enough windows in kitchen & adjacent family areas.

I did some drawings using approximation but not sure about exact dimensions & feasibility of this plan. Would be great if you all can tell me it would be a practical plan and of course let me know what other ideas you have.

Comments (3)