SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gracefullyaged

Color for Screened-In Porch Floor

gracefullyaged
3 years ago

We have a lovely screened-in back porch that has seen much better days.

Our daughter is getting married in our backyard this June (it was supposed to have happened last June, but…). Hors d'oeuvres will be served on the porch during the cocktail hour.

I have selected (subject to change if you have better ideas!) the following colors:

"Walls" (really, slender pillar-like structures between large swaths of screened (top) and glass (bottom) floor-to-ceiling windows) - BM AF-100 Pashmina

Trim around and vertical areas for the skylights - BM 962 Gray Mist

Ceiling - BM HC-147 Woodlawn Blue

The porch floor has me stumped! What would you do? It can't be too light (shows dirt) or too dark (gets hot) and, of course, needs to play well with the other colors.

All colors were selected to coordinate with our exterior house colors (Porter color match to SW Mega Greige, Gauntlet Gray, and Aesthetic White). Our painter (his work is unsurpassed - he should have been an artist) has switched to Ben Moore and I've read that they do best with their own colors.

If those of you with a fabulous eye for color notice an inappropriate undertone, etc., with the colors I have selected, please let me know. I hate it when colors go up and I dislike them but don't know why.

I can't wait to hear suggestions for the porch floor!

(re-reading this, I realize I use too many parentheses)

Thank you!

Comments (3)