SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gyk1

Cabinet pros: Need your input on Milesi 2k color match accuracy

gyk1
3 years ago

We are having our kitchen cabinets repainted (current color is cream). Our cabinet refinisher uses the Milesi 2k product. After an exhaustive 4-month search (what can I say - I can get OCD about this stuff very easily :-) I have decided on BM Simply White OC-117 for the color. However, I know that color matching between paint brands is sometimes problematic. Does anyone have experience with Milesi, and do you think the BM to Milesi match is generally accurate? Also, do you think it’s better to ask them to match based on an actual can of the paint vs simply the name/number of the color? Would that help with accuracy, or would it be the opposite effect since you never know how accurate the paint store person was when mixing the one can?
By the way, I had our contractor paint a sample door, and I also have regular sample boards of the color as well and have been staring at them on different days and different times of day etc forever so I have done my homework in that regard. The shade looks ever so slightly different to me between the sample door and the sample board but that could easily be due to the sheen. The sample board is regular BM paint, eggshell. The door is Milesi matched to BM, but the finish is much smoother, flawless almost, and looks like it would be the equivalent of satin or maybe a tad shinier in terms of sheen.
Thank you in advance for your input!

Comments (2)