SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_79103418586

Wrong colored kitchen cabinets installed!

A P
2 years ago

I’m not sure what to do, wrong color cabinets were installed. The sample that my contractor gave me was white and the cabinets that were installed are off white. Unfortunately I threw away the sample, but I have photos. My husband insists that everything still looks good, even with the off white cabinets, but I’m having a hard time getting over this hurdle. He doesn’t want painted cabinets, and I don’t blame him, I don’t think they’ll hold up as well. I commented to my contractor when they were being delivered, but he swore this is the sample he gave, therefore the color I approved. It became very apparent yesterday, when the counters were installed, that it want the sample I was given. I wouldn’t have picked this particular counter top and or flooring with off white cabinets. So my questions are:

1. based on the photos, do you think I received the wrong colored cabinets?

2)do you think it looks good regardless of the off white cabinets? Please bare in mind not everything is installed yet, they just started on floors. I will be using deltas champagne bronze faucet with matching hardware and pendant above sink. In addition to warm medium toned wood floating shelves to the right of the sink.

1. what would you do? Keep the off white? Ask contractor to paint at his own expense? He’s not exactly taking responsibility at this point.

Comments (59)