SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

Kitchen Light Assistance

localeater
3 years ago

This is the kitchen in our cottage, I would like to replace the pendant lights, the replacements do not necessarily need to be pendants. In fact, I am kind of leaning toward ceiling lights. My requirements are that I do not see the bulbs, and I would like to stay below $200 per light, since I need three. I wouldnt mind adding color, but I do need functional lighting. Note-I will be replacing the stools too so that is another opportunity for color. We bought the cottage last fall, and it was furnished, the stools are bar height so they do not work at the counter height island. The cabinets are navy blue.

These are some ideas, but honestly I am not sure about any of them. I think they could all be too small. The current pendants are 12 or 13" wide, and these are all more like 8" The schoolhouse one is cute, but I dont know if I am a 'schoolhouse' person. The metal shade one, is available in other colors, I could do white(boring I know, but that leaves open the upholsetered stools), with the metal shade I worry about not having ambient light since all light would be directed to the counter surface. I suppose the same could be said for the two ceiling ones, but since they are closer to the ceiling is seems different.

Comments (9)