SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendravicknair

Invisible, very painful, biting insects??

kendravicknair
3 years ago

I’m really hoping a fellow gardener has some answers for me. Something microscopic is biting me when I’m working out on the yard. Usually it’s when I’m in the dirt, planting or digging something. But today I was outside in long pants, just watering our potted plants. The bites are always on tender skin, under my arms, etc... Today it was my upper thighs (with long pants on!) It feels like a fire ant bite. Every time I feel it I search and search for the culprit, but I never find a bug. But seconds after feeling the bite there are painful red welts that look like small mosquito bites. When I started feeling the biting on my legs I ran in, took off my pants and searched for the mystery biter. By the time the biting was over I had 8 bites on my upper legs. I found nothing on me or in my clothes. My husband is almost always out in the yard with me and has never been bitten like this. I know it isn’t chiggers. I’ve had those before and the bites are much bigger, less painful, more itchy, and take longer to develop. These feel like a sting. Not supremely itchy, but very painful. Anyone else ever experience this or have any idea what is biting me?

Comments (19)