Chocolate cake recipe is great!

Annie Deighnaugh

I read about the "depression" chocolate cake and decided to try it. It's delish. It is chocolate-y and moist. The frosting is good too. And it's a single layer so it doesn't make too much. Best of all, it uses ingredients you probably already have at home. Good if you've got a vegan to serve too.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/chocolate-depression-cake/

SaveComment8Like4
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

I know that one as 'mudpie' cake and I used to make it a lot. It is very good, isn't it?

Save    
terezosa / terriks

Thanks for posting that recipe! I used to make a no eggs type cake years ago, but lost the recipe. It was super moist and delicious.

Save    
laceyvail 6A, WV

Very similar to the recipe I've made for years called Wacky Cake.

Save    
donna_loomis

Mom's recipe called it Crazy Cake!

Save    
hallngarden

Made early this morning. it’s great when you have only two people. But , one of those folks does quite a bit of taste testing. I do love chocolate.

Save    
nicole___

I book marked it. Thanks for posting it!

Save    
kathy_t

Nice to have a recipe for a small cake!

Save    
ci_lantro

One of my mom's recipes--Wacky Cake at our house, too. We always mixed it in the pan per the directions in a lot of recipes for this cake. No need to mess up a bowl.

Also, we always dusted it with a bit of powdered sugar or left it naked...I don't recall ever having it (or making it) with icing.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Entertaining Recipe for an Unforgettable Holiday Dessert Exchange Party
Get your gathering off to a good start with this rich Earl Grey cake and eucalyptus-and-rose tablescape
Full Story
Kitchen Design Sweet Ideas and a Truffle Recipe from a Chocolatier's Test Kitchen
A $2,100 budget didn't mean a half-baked kitchen redo; this confectioner just rolled up her sleeves and rolled out the improvements
Full Story