SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmd88

Help with curb appeal!

Lisa D
2 years ago

My home needs a serious facelift, and I keep spinning in circles looking at too many ideas on Pinterest.

I am preparing to have the entire home painted (yes, the brick too, no, I don’t want to be talked out of that 😉) . Leaning towards SW Alabaster, but concerned it will look stark. I’m struggling to know how to add more depth/interest. Replace the shutters with raised panel (SW Peppercorn?)? Remove shutters altogether and add wider window trim (then paint the house a darker shade with crisp white trim? Concerned about how complicated it could be to add new trim to the brick... The roof is dark gray/nearly black.

I do think the door is terribly ugly, but my plan is to paint it a fun, bold color to make it palatable until I can replace it someday.

Porch: the arched detail can easily be removed, but should it be replaced with something more architectural looking? Thinking of wrapping the columns. Add a porch rail?

The landscaping design is in progress, so I just need help with the house itself!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz