SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste

Samsung Duo Flex oven--any experience with this? Or Cafe 2 oven range

julieste
3 years ago

I think I have pretty much decided that I want a range with 2 ovens. I want the induction top though, and info about induction, dual oven ranges is pretty limited. AFAIK, there are only 3 manufacturers--Samsung, Cafe and Kitchenaid. After a lot of research, I eliminated the Kitchenaid. I had kind of decided on the Cafe until yesterday when I saw a Samsung Duo Flex (electric version though, not the induction) and I'm pretty intrigued by the Duo Flex option.

I think Samsung has had the Duo Flex option available in various configurations for maybe ten years, so I am hoping that some of you can tell me about the oven itself even if your range is a different fuel or set-up.

The model number I am looking at is NE63T8951SS, and I think it is a pretty new model. https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/ranges/electric/6-3-cu--ft--smart-slide-in-induction-range-with-flex-duo---smart-dial---air-fry-in-stainless-steel-ne63t8951ss-aa/

This has the door configuration with a hinge in the middle so that I could open only the upper compartment if I want, or I use the entire door to access the lower oven and the compete oven cavity. In many ways this seems ideal because I'd have the choice of having either two separate smaller ovens or one large oven.

My major concern is that when I downloaded and read the owners manual, there are constraints on oven temperatures when using both ovens simultaneously. It seems like I couldn't do something like roast veggies at 450 and at the same time use the other oven to bake a different dish at 275. And, it seems like I couldn't broil in the top oven at the same time I would be cooking something at 300 in the lower oven. Maybe in reality this isn't such a big deal.

I should add in that I consider myself a good cook who wants to have a capable cooking machine when I need it. As we've gotten older and shrunk back to a family of two again, I don't do nearly as much fancy or gourmet cooking as I used to. We do cook every day though (very rarely dining out), and we don't subsist on a diet of frozen pizza and chicken nuggets type stuff.

If you have the Duo Flex oven, what has your experience been? I am also interested in longevity and reliability. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Comments (14)