SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kstrauss09

Jade plant drooping and softening after repotting

Katie
3 years ago

I recently moved into a new apartment. In the old apartment, the jade was in a North/East window which was bright but not a ton of direct sunlight, where it was thriving. In the new apartment, the jade is currently in a South/West window which has a good amount of direct sunlight (it is the only window option, otherwise I can move it around within the bright apartment. After the move, it began to droop and yellow quite a bit so I repotted the jade.

When I repotted it, the soil was VERY dry and it was very root-bound. I cleaned off all old soil, trimmed some of the super dry crumbly roots and repotted it in a new ceramic pot (it was in terra-cotta) which is only slightly bigger than the old one, using Miracle Grow succulent soil. After repotting, I gave it a thorough watering. This was about 3 weeks ago. Since, a few leaves have yellowed and fallen off, and a good amount of the leaves are drooping and squishy. The top 1-2 inches of the plant still has hard leaves. My moisture meter says the soil at the bottom is moist so I don't think it needs more water, but how to I save it?! I feel like I am in a race against time.

Thanks in advance!

(PRIOR TO REPOTTING)

(IMMEDIATELY AFTER REPOTTING)

(CURRENT PHOTO)

Comments (15)