SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kap543

screened in porch flooring- drainage or waterproofing?

kap543
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

70s ranch house, porch was added in the 80s above basically a tall crawlspace/ used as a workshop. Plywood flooring, screened in on 3 sides. Adjacent to a uncovered deck which needs to be completely rebuilt. It is time to start thinking about what we want to do with the floor and I am trying to get some ideas. Seems like from looking on the internet that most porches are sloped for drainage or have decking and a drainage system underneath. Our porch is dead-flat, as well as the deck. It's hasn't really been a huge issue for the covered porch, just careful mopping for cleaning instead of powerwashing. Need to replace one piece of the plywood floor next to the deck (which needs to be replaced)..doesn't seem too bad after that long. Thinking about installing something like ditra + tile or ?? Not really sure... would there be other options? I do not believe we are interested in adding a slope...

If you made it this far thank you! Pictures in comments if that helps. I am actually not 100% sure that it can hold tile up there but we'll explore that as well.

Comments (10)