SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evey_g

Help with designing a new corner fireplace

E G
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone, it's my first time posting here. I have learned I am not the best designer/decision maker, so I'm hoping someone else can offer more inspiration. We have a living room corner that has a bottom cabinet, a granite shelf, and then a faux piece of wall covering the corner. We would like to turn this into a corner fireplace on the bottom and some storage cabinets above (not open shelving, it will house networking stuff that's very ugly and is currently hiding behind the fake wall).

I am looking for design inspiration in terms of materials and styles. We have a lot of custom wooden furniture in general, but especially in this room the TV cabinet and the coffee table are both custom made pieces by my father in law. The other weird thing about this room is that behind the TV area is a massive granite wet bar. It was there when we bought the house, and it's kinda cool so we're gonna keep that. But how do we decide what colors/materials to use in this new corner fireplace? It doesn't need to be designed as a focal point due to the bar and TV, maybe something that is understated and blends in. Also that is the only white cabinet in the entire house so we definitely don't *need* to reintroduce white over there unless that seems like a good idea.

So what would you do with this corner to make it into a nice little fireplace and cabinet? Any suggestions welcome!

Edit: We have heard you guys loud and clear, it’s a terrible idea! 😂 But uh... what colors and materials would you use if you wanted to do it anyway?

Comments (29)