SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339173737

Can anyone who has installed zellige tile tell me if this is normal?

HU-339173737
3 years ago

I'm nearing the finish line of my kitchen remodel and they just installed my backsplash last week. I used Riad's natural white 2 x 6 subway. However, today I noticed that on some of the tiles, there is some sort of blue dye or maybe a chemical reaction with the grout? I'm not sure what it is and whether it was on the tile originally or if it happened somehow during installation. Also, the owner of the tiling company installed the entire side near my sink and there's no blue spots on any of those tiles. But one of his employees and the employees son installed the side where my range will be and I'm seeing several blue spots there. They seemed less experienced and I'm wondering if something might have gone wrong. I wanted to see if anyone has experienced something similar with zellige before bringing this up to them.

Oh, and on a side-note, whoever measured for the boxes above the pendant lights measured it out so they were centered over the cabinets without accounting for the countertops so they are too far toward one side. 😕 And my project manager is trying to convince me that it's fine because they don't want to deal with having to move them.

Comments (22)