Is this mosaic too bright for my bathroom?

J Gaskill

SaveComment8Like1
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
J Gaskill

I love the mosaic and need a great piece for this bathroom. However, I think the piece might be too bright???

2 Likes Save    
Jessica

I have to say I LOVE your floor tiles.

Save    
PRO
Elizabeth Minish Design

In a bathroom with statement floor tiles like you have, they are the stars and every other finish needs to be a supporting character. So yes, not only too bright but way too much personality and the piece in no way references any of the colour palette you have established in your fixed finishes.

Gorgeous floor tiles!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by J Gaskill
J Gaskill

Thank you for the great advice. I can always find another space for the mosaic. I will look for something soft and subtle in the color range of the tiles. I appreciate the advice.

Save    
J Gaskill

Elizabeth, do you have any suggestions for a small wall piece?

Save    
PRO
Elizabeth Minish Design

If you can provide a bit more context, (a photo that shows more of the room and especially the wall where you're hoping to place the piece) and some additional information on what you're going for it would be easier to help you. You're definitely on the right track with something more subtle/simple. It could even be a pen and ink sketch.

1 Like Save    
kculbers

Your cabinet and flooring is beautiful and classic❣️I also agree they are the stars of your bathroom. I also suggest to find a wall hanging that is more subtle.

Save    
PRO
Norwood Architects

The wall hanging doesn't seem to be in character with the rest of your bathroom unfortunately. Might be a good idea to find other artwork.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kids’ Spaces 15 Bright Ideas for Kids’ Bathrooms
Splash on the color and have fun with decor to make a child’s bathroom a cheerful place
Full Story
Bathroom Design Shower Lights Bathe Bathrooms in Brightness
By JW
Lighting in colors as dazzling or soothing as you choose can bring a whole new dimension to your shower routine
Full Story
Bathroom Design Bathroom of the Week: From Cave-Like to Bright and Modern
A Texas couple work with their designers to freshen up an aging master bathroom that felt dark and dreary
Full Story
Locally owned & operated Closet America has become one of the most reviewed & the most awarded closet companies!... Read More