SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bhavnat55

Kitchen Design Suggestions requested

bhavnat55
3 years ago

Hello all: Hope you had a great Easter.

We are renovating our 14 years old home, making open kitchen living dining main floor. We envision a great looking functional kitchen; We are not by any means reno expert, so excited and also nervous about the outcome, :). I am a fan of this forum and will greatly appreciate your expert insight!

1. Design Specs.
  • Open square floor measures in Ft.: 19 X 26 X 21 X 15, Our kitchen is on 19' X 6' wall. Here is what we envision..

• The L shape pantry in the 6' wall (4ft 12" and 2 feet- 24" on the L to flush with the counter.)

• On the main wall,

• we will have 2 ft continuation of pantry then ---> counter depth fridge,----> 3 ft counter space--->3ft Cooktop----> 3ft counter space---> then we have 5 ft open space where we would like a nook with open shelves (2-3 for display) on top and then small wine cellar at the bottom or on top corner.

• We would like an island 8x3 or 8x4 with Sink, DW and Speed Oven, as we dont have space for speed oven on main kitchen wall.

2. Style / Color theme

• We are going with Sand dune hardwood all way, white cabinets, white with veins countertop and Chelsey Gray island that can sit 4 people.
  • With black stainless-steel appliances Bosch. We know it can be bold choice my husband likes a change, 🙂
  • We will have oven under the cook top to save space and speed oven to try fit in the island somewhere.
  • We are thinking of custom hood,

My question to you respected designers is:

How would it all come together? How would it look, please help me with some suggestion here!

• Is the design efficient ? is something missing here?? Please advise!
  • The shelves is a new trend we see and wanted to incorporate some decor, not having boring cabinets all thru, is that okay?
  • Do all the colors match or flow together? black fridge will show, oven will be behind the island
  • do we do black sink or not, and what about hardware..?

Thank you kindly for your guidance!

Bhavna

Comments (4)