what do you want or desire but can not have

sal 60 Hanzlik

At my age no more wants or desires--life is good.

How about you?

SaveComment64Like1
Comments (64)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

I don't want material things. I want less drama in my life.

5 Likes Save    
barbara_tpa

Love.

Save    
Lars

Six-pack abs.

5 Likes Save    
eld6161

Sal, that not fair! There must be something......

Save    
lgmd_gaz

A dog of my very own!

4 Likes Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

To retire right now.

1 Like Save    
chisue

Robust health.

5 Likes Save    
Sally Burgess

so my pets live forever

7 Likes Save    
jkayd_il5

I would like better health. Having money doesn't mean anything if you don't have the good health to do things.

5 Likes Save    
bpath

A time machine.

1 Like Save    
caflowerluver

To be in my 20's again.

5 Likes Save    
Rusty again

I'd like my body to function at the same age level as my mind. As it is, there is about 40 or so years between them. Other than that, all is good!

Rusty

6 Likes Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

1) to have stopped my aging process when I was 50 (I don't much care for what's happened over the past 20 or so years)

2) for my dog to live as long as I do

3) a car with heated seats

2 Likes Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

More motivation. I’m very lazy.

4 Likes Save    
Jasdip

Hahaha. I love my scratch tickets and I'd like to be able to win enough that I don't need to worry about being able to afford a different apartment if the time comes. It's not an issue now, being on the top floor of a walk-up triplex, but our health can go at any time.

The past year especially, people have been flooding into our area from Toronto and area, driving the price up for housing, both houses and rent. Now that people are working remotely, they're moving to other areas.

1 Like Save    
chisue

At 80, I'd prefer my body anywhere between 25 and 75. After that...the underpinnings wear out, 'willpower' be darned.

6 Likes Save    
adellabedella_usa

I want to build a cabin or remodel an older 50's-70's house to my liking... just for fun.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Knowing all I know now, but in a younger, healthier body.

13 Likes Save    
maifleur03

To be able to travel and feel comfortable doing so. I am beginning to think my traveling days are over. Being comfortable while doing so is probably gone forever between growing older and mental after affects of the virus.

2 Likes Save    
kathy

I would want my Dear Husband to be back amongst the living.

9 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

Cats. I'm allergic, tried shots and pills but they didn't work.

2 Likes Save    
lily316

Turn back the clock to when I was 30!

3 Likes Save    
greenshoekitty

I would like to travel, and be willing to do the work to lose weight.

2 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Lots of people from my past...but that's fate. I would like this darn Covid Virus to go away,

and everyone's memory of it erased...and start from there again?

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Better leadership in my state re: COVID ☹️

And yes - turning back the clock for do-overs on some dumb choices made in the past...

4 Likes Save    
yeonassky

I agree some do-overs would be nice.

For my son to be able to have a more balanced Life.

For my disabilities to not take up so much time that by the end of the day I don't get enough done.

To stay at this level of Health physically and increase my mental abilities. :-)

3 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

adellabedella_usa

1 hour ago

I want to build a cabin or remodel an older 50's-70's house to my liking... just for fun

Oh good! You can come do my house.

1 Like Save    
marilyn_c

I need a total knee replacement on my left knee, but I don't see that happening because there is no one to take care of my horses. A couple of friends have offered, but it is a lot more involved than what they can do, especially since they have zero experience with horses. It would be downright dangerous for them, and probably for the horses also. It would involve several weeks...so there's that also.

Save    
roxsol

A cabana boy!

Old stick in the mud husband says “no”. ☹️

13 Likes Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

eld6161 I suppose I would like how I functioned in my 70's back. Still trying to get the ambition to do our windows. But the good thing--they don't really bother me now.

5 Likes Save    
Lucille

A cure for my son's insulin dependent diabetes.

9 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b

Oh Lucille, that's a hard one.

And haha roxsol - do you have a cabana?

2 Likes Save    
roxsol

And haha roxsol - do you have a cabana?

No, but I see that as a minor detail. I could work it out.

4 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

Retirement, travel, healthy lungs, no muscle cramps/back/leg and foot pain would be nice. Emily, my dog, to live forever. She is still kicking and around 19/20 years old but probably has liver cancer. I didn't opt for any more testing. She is very emaciated but isn't in pain.

Fixed my post because I just read your whole question, first time I didn't quite read the part about can't have!

3 Likes Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Mentally healthy relatives.

Do-overs for sure.

Travel (can't have for now anyway).

Oh, were you asking about something within reality?

1 Like Save    
cooper8828

Financial freedom to do whatever I want.

5 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

For the small things, I wish I did not need to color my hair. For the big things, I am a happy camper.

1 Like Save    
wildchild2x2

Time along with financial freedom to set higher goals in my horseback riding. So I've reset my mind to remain flexible in my dreams and enjoy each ride, discipline available or milestone taking each day as it comes. Life is good. I've landed in a good spot. I truly think the universe works things out for the best for us if we allow it.

My heart still pines for endurance. But I can't afford a proper horse, the time needed to train, to do the miles of qualifying events to do the long distance (100 milers) events. But I still think I may get do do some limited distance in my future if it's meant to be.

2 Likes Save    
tvq1

I'd like to start traveling again! Between caring for elderly parents, getting a (very sweet) pup and the stupid pandemic, we haven't been on a trip since 2016. I am really missing our trips to Europe--a month in Greece is next on my list.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

roxsol - my sil calls my brother PB short for Pool boy. At one time they owned a house with a pool but got tired of the maintenance but she still calls him that.

What do I want? Peace on Earth but I guess that's asking too much.

7 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Lone Jack beat me to it. Though, I think I would rephrase it to say to be "financially ready to retire". Getting there, but not there yet.

2 Likes Save    
joann_fl

My Husband, but I want some friends too

4 Likes Save    
kadefol

Perfect health, a family that isn't dysfunctional, a face cream that actually does what it claims, all of Bill Gate's (or Oprah's) money, and to be a size 6 again.

1 Like Save    
Judy Good

The energy I once had...... Do not want to go back in age, just want the same energy to do what I want to do, without aches and pains.

6 Likes Save    
aok27502

I would like to meet my mom, who died when I was five.

I'd also like to see my dad and step -mom, and fill them in on what they've missed.

3 Likes Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Not to be allergic to anything with fur or feathers! Would love to have a dog.

And my body when I was 19.

1 Like Save    
Ninapearl

most of all, i would want my husband to be back. it's been a long 13 years without him.

@marilyn_c, YES!!! same here but it's my right knee and a couple of great danes!

3 Likes Save    
hallngarden

I would desire to have my best friend to have a bright mind again. She is few years older and we have been friends for over 60 years. Her dementia is very severe , I miss our talks and daily walks. We were once young and had so much fun together. I call her weekly just to tell her that I love her.

12 Likes Save    
amylou321

I want the type of metabolism that would make it so I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. Right now if I only get HUNGRY I gain weight, because it makes me think about food. And just the thought of food seems to pack on the pounds.

I also want a pink castle.

6 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

(I must be really fragile. Seriously. I couldn't even consider very, very ill or no longer with me. Mom, grandparents, past cats I love far more than myself...)

HUGS to us all

1 Like Save    
Ladydi Zone 6A NW BC Canada

Like Kathsgrdn, I wish first & foremost that my two sons will always have success, love and joy in their lives. Having a slim healthy body for me would also not be so bad 😏.

3 Likes Save    
sherwoodva

I wish I had not stopped taking walks last May. I used to walk about 12 miles a week. Then covid hit and I had to stop going to the mall. (Too hot to walk outside.) I need to lose the weight I gained. Pie in the sky - I wish my grandmother was still alive. It would be wonderful to have her meet my husband and to share with her all of my genealogy research.

2 Likes Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

For covid to disappear

1 Like Save    
bragu_DSM 5

would like to go to mars ...

Save    
arkansas girl

A million dollars and a car load of spending money!

1 Like Save    
Annegriet

To retire right now. A vacation home.

1 Like Save    
jill302

Overall I am so blessed, like many others my top wish would good health for my family, self included as I have recently developed knee issues.

Otherwise would like the crazy housing market to slow down. We are trying to buy anothef home and it is just ridiculous. Almost every home sells in a couple of days for way over asking. Hoping to return to a more normally paced prepandemic market.

1 Like Save    
katlan

Both my brothers back

2 Likes Save    
Suzieque

Oh boy, some of these are sad. Some others, I'm not sure how they fit into the "cannot have" category. But, of course, I don't know the circumstances.

For me, yes, I would love for my parents to be back, and I'd like my aging body to be youthful again. Other than those, I can't think of anything.

1 Like Save    
satine100

My wish would be to have someone in my life who would be a companion, friend, romantic interest. I miss having someone call me during the day just to say hello. I miss buying little surprises for a special person. I am lonely and Im tired of it.

1 Like Save    
Embothrium

Being able to head down the road even one time and not end up with psychopaths behind me. Especially the ones that tailgate but never pass no matter how much the road ahead opens up.

Except for the woman in the small truck who waited until a vehicle going the other way was almost upon us and then attempted to pass.

She couldn't of course see them coming because she was right on top of me. Not that she was going to let a little thing like lack of visibility stop her from making her move.

1 Like Save    
roy4me

Honest politicians.

2 Likes Save    
sheilajoyce_gw

Cary Grant

Save    
sprtphntc7a

my nephew

an airstream to travel to country

a couple of do-overs

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Outbuildings We Can Dream: Look at All You Can Do With an Outbuilding
A bonus living space in the backyard expands the possibilities for work, family and fun. Here are 10 ways to imagine one
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Objects of Desire: Beautifully Individual Concrete Floors
Concrete comes in more colors and finishes than ever before. See if these 6 floors open your eyes to the possibilities
Full Story
Furniture Objects of Desire: File These Secretary Desks Under ‘Gorgeous’
Space saving and ever functional, these fold-up desks are raising the bar for home offices and work nooks everywhere
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Arete Construction Services, is veteran owned and operated. Our unique niche is new & historic masonry plus... Read More