SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rpradetto

Finishing attic closet with exposed wall studs

rpradetto
3 years ago

We have an attic closet that is so rough that it doesn't even have flooring that covers the whole floor, meaning that the ceiling to the below room is exposed in some spots and the ceiling is exposed rafters with no insulation. I am going to be finishing this to make it a usable closet. Both side walls are backing other rooms so there is no need for insulation on either of those. I would like to finish those two walls with shelves between the wall studs. The outside wall, which is the original exterior wall has what looks like hand hewed boards for studs, some are roughly 4"x 4" and others are 2"x 4". I can paint other wall with newer studs to look alright although I believe that there is only drywall separating the two rooms so I would have to do something with that to make is sturdier behind the shelves. What can I do with this wall to to make it somewhat attractive without spending the bank or be extremely time intensive? I've attached a photo of this outside wall, at least what can be seen behind the junk. This is a very small space and I would like to keep as much area open as I can.

Comments (2)