SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ali_23

Paint Color Experts??

Alison Allor
3 years ago

I was hoping to do a Sherwin-Williams color consult to help me ease my indecisiveness but didn't realize how far out they book! I am painting my living/ dining room/ hallway next week and am hoping for color advice. My new sectional will be a taupe. Curtains are black but look almost deep navy with muted mauves, greens, taupes and a little grey-silver (the curtains on the couch is a better representation of both colors). Dining table is a brownish-grey with cream colored seats. There is a doorway that peeks into the kitchen so you can see the dark, brick-reddish color in there but it's not totally open to it. I was looking at some mauves and greens at Home Depot and a girl that claimed to work in Interior Design suggested I do predominantly the mauve I was looking at (Behr Ash Rose N130-2) and one wall in a dark green (I have a swatch of Behr Muted Sage N350-5) with gold picture frames on that wall. I also contemplated doing Ash Rose with the wallpaper I attached a picture of....if I got it in person and the color looked ok with the leather sample I have.... though the wall I would paper would be opposite the couch. I am open to completely new ideas as well! Just an fyi....my living/dining is relatively small though not micro! Help! Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)