SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
p_bergmaier

Help with my living room

p_bergmaier
3 years ago

This room is obviously not done, it was a playroom with no real furniture until about a month ago when we installed hardwood. I am literally starting from scratch and I don’t have a big budget for large furniture pieces so what is in here I already had. The piano must stay, we are taking lessons and I like the idea of a piano in the living room, it was in my tv room before and there is no room there anymore. The couch was in my tv room for 10 years but we recently replaced it with a comfy sectional, rather than throwing it out I got a slipcover and want to use it here. The China closet is comething I recently inherited along with a matching sideboard, they didn’t both fit in the dining room so it was in the basement waiting for a home until now. The chair is just something I picked up at target because I like the idea of a leather chair but cannot afford a real one right now. The rug is not staying, it’s from my kitchen and I like the color so I’m just using it for inspiration. The art, table and pillows I had.

I’m looking for advice on furniture placement, what to do above the couch, chairs, end table and lamp.

I like the transitional style and want to blend that with midcentury in this room. I have attached a few photos I found on houzz that I like

Midcentury Living Room · More Info

Apt2B in Kelly Oxford's New Home · More Info

I have attached a few pictures I found on houzz for inspiration.

Comments (18)