SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennyloupru

Help with mud room/laundry paint color - did I make a mistake?

J Pru
3 years ago

We are under construction in our laundry/mud room. The room is small with no natural light. The door on the left goes to the garage, the door straight ahead is the closet, and the alcove on the left will be a 22" deep built in bench and shelf with corbels and baskets. I am having regrets - the cabinets are a warm white (very close to White Dove, some of them have not been installed yet) and the vinyl tile flooring is very dark grey. The washer/dryer is bright white. I thought the floors would look like slate... and they do but it doesn't seem to be working with the cabinets. I wanted a traditional sort of look with black bin pulls/knobs on the cabinets and black hooks on wall for built in. I haven't chosen a countertop yet, but thinking maybe a lighter colored granite or quartz product. Will I feel better about this once its all painted? I was thinking Pale Oak walls and White Dove trim and ceiling, but maybe a color on the walls for contrast would be better. My husband thinks it looks fine but I feel disappointed. It just seems so dingy. I have a lot of blue in the house - Would painting the walls blue/gray make it look less blah? Any suggestions?

potential granite:

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner