SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westes

Looking for an All-Weather Small Wheelbarrow Recommendation

westes Zone 9b California SF Bay
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am looking for a wheelbarrow recommendation that meets a few criteria:

* Plastic body construction so it can be left outdoors without much concern (I will keep it out of sun)

* Flat-free real rubber wheels, not flimsy plastic wheels

* Two wheels for added stability

* Replaceable wheels

* Minimum 300-pound capacity

As background, I have a massive beast of a wheelbarrow named the Rubbermaid Big Wheel Cart. There is a version of this rated for 700 pounds here. My unit was salvaged from an online seller who was basically giving it away. I had to clean out dried cement from the interior (used citric acid for weeks) and I had to replace the wheels. My third-party wheels make the weight rating of my unit around 500 pounds. It's a really good wheelbarrow, but it is so large and wide that it barely fits through my side yard gates. I am looking for something smaller for everyday jobs.

I found a toyish cart from Suncast that is actually the perfect size. The problem is the wheels on this cart are flimsy. I overloaded the cart and the plastic wheels broke. Suncast offers no wheel replacement (!!).

So I want to find a replacement for the Suncast cart that will hold 300 pounds, be thin enough to fit through my side yard and gate, and have real rubber wheels that I can replace if I break one. What is available?

Comments (14)