SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_glaros

Higher quality version of the Pottery Barn York sofa?

Nicole Glaros
3 years ago

Hey all,

I am redoing my home but find it impossible to make decisions on furniture. However, I found my dream sofa - the Pottery Barn York (slope arm, deep seating, slipcovered but fits tightly so it's not so sloppy, comes in bench or multiple cushions). I sat on like 100 sofas and it was the only one that I felt I could love for years and years. In fact, our plan was to order 2 of them, deep seating slipcovered bench for one sofa, regular seating, upholstered, 2 cushions on the other sofa, and orient them facing each other, complete with machine washable performance fabric so we could wash but also replace when we want to refresh the look.

However - in reading the threads here, I recognize that Pottery Barn might not have the best quality furniture for the long haul - and I hate the idea of buying something that's just going to end up in a landfill in a few years. Additionally, I have kids (a 9 year old boy and 11 year old daughter) and imagine for a moment that he's likely to be jumping up and down on it. He's 9 after all. I'd rather spend a bit more $ and know it will last because the construction is better.

So - any designers out there that know of a higher quality brand that's similar to the York that I could go research?

Here is a picture of the deep seat, bench and and also the regular seat, 2 pillow York setup so you know what it looks like.

Comments (11)