SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

What's the most impractical fashion item you own?

IdaClaire
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Clothing, outerwear, shoes, jewelry, handbag? Tell us about something you own that's entirely impractical, but you love it anyway. Was it an impulse purchase, or did you carefully weigh the pros and cons of owning it?

I'm trying to be more selective in what I buy, but lately I have jumped ship and purchased a pair of blue-and-white striped Hunter wellies. They're adorable, and remind me of my beloved Cornishware dishes, of all things. I absolutely did not "need" them and will likely have little opportunity to wear them -- but they will make me happy just seeing them in my closet, and I will wear them on occasion, I'm sure.

I have not purchased the handbag pictured below, but am so tempted. Another impractical item, but it practically sings to me. It's somewhat juvenile, I guess you'd say -- but reminds me of so much of what I love about England. I like this brand very much and find it to be excellent quality, but the price is off-putting. I work in corporate America where something like this carried to the office would be unusual. It's also decidedly spring-and-summer in style, and the white leather would be hard to keep looking pristine. Still ... it's adorbs and the temptation lingers.

Comments (57)