SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_720515245

Before and after: bonus bathroom into soaking tub retreat

S Melt
last year

I converted a standard 5x9 three piece bonus 3 piece bath (attached to a bonus room used as a media/game room, not attached to a bedroom) into a soaking tub retreat. This was mostly DIY (demo, drywall repair, tiling, etc.) but the plumbing was hired out.

I used Lowes Mohawk ForeverStyle Gray Marble 12x24 Lappato Porcelain Marble Look tile and matching mosaic on the floors and wall. The vanity is an allen + roth 36" vanity with included top and sink also from Lowes. The toilet is Swiss Madison St. Tropez chosen because it is an elongated toilet that is no deeper than a round toilet due to the smaller bowl on the back, and because it is skirted.

The tub is the Palmer 56" acrylic flatbottom freestanding bathrub by A&E. I got this tub because it was short enough to fit in the space but it has a tremendous 20" soaking depth. It's an absolutely delightful tub and even has little arm rests that serve a dual purpose of making it easier to get out.

I used a premade niche in the wall and the black matte tub filler and sink faucet are from Amazon, as is the mirror and 4000k LED vanity light. The white floating shelves are also from Amazon.

The walls and ceiling are Valspar Gravity in eggshell. The trim, door, and baseboards are Ultra White in satin. (I should have used gloss or semi gloss and may repaint the trim and door.)

I thought I'd like the bamboo floor mat, but I don't and I have a powder blue one that matches the little storage containers on the shelves on the way from Amazon.

The little blue metal storage containers, the white ceramic bird planter, white garden stool, and the art on the wall are just from At Home.

I love my little retreat. I haven't seen a lot of reviews about this tub but it is great. It's not that long, but the depth makes it easy to soak. I know it's close to the wall. Cleaning isn't easy, but with a long crevice attachment on a vacuum I can get the job done. I soak at least twice a week now. My 50 gallon water heater has no problem filling it, and the tub retains heat really well.

The dinosaurs are my toddler's addition.

I hope someone finds this interesting or at least finds this post when they're looking for a review of this great little compact bathtub.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler