SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athaya74

Powder room - toliet, floors oh my

Teri H
3 years ago

We have been having several problems with our powder room toilet and have decided our best bet is to just replace it since we know it is at least 14 years old. But in looking at it closer I'm afraid we're going to have to do something with the floor as well. As you can see there has been some leaking from the bolts and the wood floor is having issues. So we will definitely have to fix/replace some or all of it. But of course the hardwood runs into the hallway/kitchen and is not separated so I'm not sure what approach we should take. I think I will have to take the cabinet out to replace the flooring, so we may just look at redoing the entire thing (I've never cared for the counter over the toilet in the first place). But I don't know what approach to take with the floor and I figure I'd better have a plan before I start ripping things up. So I guess my question is - do I for sure need to take the cabinet out to deal with the flooring? And what would you do with the flooring - try to replace the hardwood or somehow cut it off at the door and put a different flooring down in the bathroom. The photos show the right and left of the back of the toilet. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments (5)