SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littleindiana

You Know New Venetian Gold Counters, But NOT This Mural! Paint Help!

Jessica
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We moved here in August. It's time to deal with "Americanized" Tuscan 2005 style, especially in the EAST-facing kitchen (accidentally wrote north! Oops!). That paint sucks the light right out of it.

I was trying to come up with ways to protect and hide the mural. It's not my taste, but well done, so maybe future homeowners decades from now will love it. I don't know. But, I couldn't come up with anything because it is such a large area.

White feels like the only wall paint option. I was thinking of going with white walls. But what white? The counters are New Venetian Gold (I know no one is surprised), the cabinets vary between beige, black, and maybe a shade of white, with white trim.

Some images appear more yellow (the sponge painting is orange/brown) but most light bulbs have been replaced with GE Reveal (didn't grab enough), and the rest will be before we paint (or what's the point?). The light fixtures down the middle are heavy, we know. We aren't fans.

The kitchen faces into the maroon sponge painted great room, the library (BM Caribbean Blue Water), on the west wall. The doorway on the north wall leads to the breezeway (currently sponge painted yellow/gold with murals), the dining room (now BM Aura Matte Pacific Ocean Blue), and my office (BM Aura Matte Teal).

While I LOVE gray, I don't like beige and gray together, and with the entryway flooring and the kitchen cabinets and that NVG countertop, it's a no go for me.

I'd love any help. I've read all the articles on the sites people usually link to about how to modernize the countertops, but we have so much flow and so much light and so many cabinets! LOL

Our Kitchen (1837 home, with additions) · More Info

^ North Facing. Doorway to immediate left leads to great room. Doorway further down on left leads to library. Doorway at end leads to breezeway, dining, and office.

^ facing west wall.

^ East wall of windows

^ kitchen mural. It is opposite the island area. Doorways on both sides (left goes to library, the one on the right goes to breezeway, dining, and office).

^ Breezeway just off the kitchen, leading to dining and office.

Comments (9)