SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_515597528

Looking for British Style Light Switches in the US

Holly
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm really surprised we don't have more choices in light switches.

I am contemplating Buster & Punch. It's a more modern/industrial than the rest of the room but they are cool and available. Would love to see photos if anyone has used them.

I adore this from Foster & Lomax but I can't find any hint of cost anywhere on the internet other than contacting them directly. There's an old Architectural Digest article but the links don't work. I strongly suspect this is a case of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" Has anyone used them?

There seems to be lots of cute toggle & push button options in Europe but not the right specs to use in the US. I wonder why these looks aren't being replicated in the US more? I have seen the 2 button reproduction switches, not quite doing it for me (we need a 4 gang - that's a lot of buttons)

Hubby is an electrician. He works in a lot of high end houses many of them old classical architecture and hasn't come across either of these brands or anything else I'd put in the "interesting" category. I told him I wanted "nice" switches. He handed me a Lutron catalog. He works with lots of cool home automation but from a design perspective, it seems to be all the same blah thing. I've asked him if we could buy something from across the pond & retrofit it to use here (safely!). He's supposed to be researching it but I suspect he doesn't have the same enthusiasm for "interesting" light switches as I do. It's for our master bath that no one will see but us. I'm fully aware this is a stupid detail that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but it's stuck in my head now and I'm on a mission.

Comments (19)