SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_874160198

What Color Should I Paint My Stucco 1940's House?

Karen L
3 years ago

Help me give my house have that "wow" factor!

We are looking to paint the stucco, fascia (wood), soffit (wood) and also redo all the trim and paint it. Shingles will be staying. We will also be fixing the front crumbling step, likely doing a wooden stairs/deck. trying to figure out how to give a bit of an overhang to help protect from the elements, as currently its quite exposed. Also would love any ideas on how to do that? Front door either to be painted or replaced depending on budget.

Located:

- in the Okanagan Desert, so we are pretty dry and dusty in the summer, get a good amount of snow in the winter.

- 1 block from the beach and a huge lake

- a couple blocks from the downtown core

- gentrifying neighbourhood full of original wartime housing builds, updated originals and new very modern style builds.

Our House:

- inside is a mix of modern and old (original hardwood flooring, but modern decor), exposed cedar beams, some white beadboard walls. The feel is a bit farmhouse modern/beachy, but not very themed at all just a hint.

-in the photos you will see our shed is a seafoam blue with white trim and bee decals on the doors, in front of the shed is a stone patio and 4 large cut flower gardens. we kinda lean into the country cottage/beach house outside look. the shed/patio looks towards the house.

-Lots of gardens, this front photos were taken recently but theres a lot of flower garden around the entire perimeter or the house as well (I love my flowers!). And 3 fruit trees in the backyard.

So, what colors should I go with!? I think theres potential to really make it pop!

Comments (7)