SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Dining room tweaks and a question

mtnrdredux_gw
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I wrote about my dining room not so long ago when I wanted to decorate the mantle differently. At that time a few people asked to see the whole DR. I made some minor tweaks, and have a question.

First, you may recall I hired a stager to get some refresh ideas. I was a bit underwhelmed at first but now I have gone through the house and done a number of little things and am really appreciating the tweaks. For example, our DR has a slate floor and it never occurred to me to use a rug. She recc a seagrass rug, and I think it really helps the room. She also recc I remove my two buffet tables that were against the wall of windows and put them on the other side of the room under the interior windows, and add a seating area with hide near my fireplace.

At the holidays, I moved a photo table from my FR into my DR to make space for the tree, and we all really like the photo table there. If i have formal company, I will just remove the photos and put drinks there. I love Rubyclaire's toile moss bowl and added my own. I bought the Spode plates Jojo recommended and really like them; i plan to get more.

So my question is in re chairs. About a year ago I got the new cushions, Ballard black and tan check. I noticed they also have slipcovers for their slipper chair in the fabric, so I ordered them (I had the chairs already, in my breakfast room).

Would you 1) put slipper chairs at each head or 2) put a slipper chair at one head, keep the arm chair at the other or 3) Keep armchairs at both ends, and place the slipperchairs flanking the photo table?

Photos:

Entering from the K

Long view

Seating area, looking toward wet bar/armoire

Comments (96)