SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_540838562

area rug advice

sonya
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello All !!! I hope you are happy and healthy! I have just moved into a beautiful log home (please ignore the boxes and items where they wouldn't normally belong, still unpacking) and am looking for advice on what color and pattern scheme area rug would blend with this furniture? The light colored throw blanket and matching throw pillow will not be staying in this room. I would like to keep the Indian throw pillow just because it's one of those pieces that I just fell in love with, and the red white and blue blanket because it was handmade specifically for me, and because of the giant American Flag the previous home owners left hanging on one of the walls. During the day the room is lit by natural light from 4 sky light windows. The ideal sized rug would be 9' X 12' for a proper fit. There is apx. 3' between the wall and the couch on one side, then 9.5' between the wall and the couch on the other side and a little over 4' from the arm of my couch to the stone floor of the fireplace. I have included 2 pics from when the previous owners were living here so you can take into consideration the wood stove (which is removed and awaiting a new fireplace insert) and my TV placement is where they had some sort of black display shelves. Thanks everyone in advance for any advice given :)

Comments (15)