SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
originalsongdesign

Anyone find hardware to match Kohler vibrant moderne brushed brass?

Michelle Song
last year

Trying to match hardware to tone kitchen faucet in moderne vibrant brushed moderne brass?

Comments (71)

• A M
    last year

Melissa - That is exactly how I ended up with Hickory Hardware (above). I was looking for cup pulls that were square edged with matching knobs that weren’t mushrooms, in the right size (my project was just an update, not full remodel), and something in a budget friendly range. Plus there had to be enough pieces in stock. So, I was very very limited in my choices. If you have already started by searching "brass cup pulls" you will understand just how limited this is. I did not actually see any hardware in person but ordered the Hickory online and said a prayer. It works ok in my space, particularly because of the backsplash. The paint on the cabinets and sunlight makes the tone of the brasses on the hardware, faucet, and backsplash appear different at different times of day - it doesn’t match perfectly but it doesn’t clash either.

• A M
    last year

Here is a closer up pic of the Hickory in case you are interested

• Melissa Wolfe
    last year

Wow, great info! I love the square look. i think I’ll order. If they are a little off, it will be fine. As the more heavy brass will be on another wall. I’ve never been on this site nor blogged, you guys are great! 😌

real time photo, slowly getting somewhere. somewhere away from doing my toddler‘s dishes in the bathroom and laundry room.... 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Mark Bright
    last year

Sorry to side track, but does anyone know if another manufacture’s Moderne Brass is similar to Kohler’s? One of their pot fillers is never in stock and may have to get another option to match the Kohler faucet we have

Thanks in advance!!

• HU-33034342
    last year

I just found a pretty close match - Wisdom Stone Polished Gold. And, trust me, it was hard to find! I ordered my hardware from doorcorner.com because they had the longest door pull available (7 1/2")

• HU-33034342
    last year

Yes, Wisdom Stone polished gold is a pretty good match!

• fuzzy32
    last year

Michelle - I am desparately trying to find brass straps for our hood that match the Kohler Vibrant Brushed Moderne Brass. It looks like the hood in your picture is perfect. Where did you get that?

• Roma Keniya
    last year

Hi! @Michelle Song I absolutely love that hood! where did you get that from? Is it white? Also did you put the countertop material behind the range? Love love your kitchen!!

• HU-881123734
    last year

Has anyone found a pot filler to match Kohler brushed modern brass sink faucet?

• James Muhammad
    last year

We are using this finish in our remodel of our master bath. I am looking for someone skilled enough to simulate this on the shower glass door mounting hardware. Think I’ll find someone? I love a good challenge.

• PRO
    Door Corner
    last year

Yes, the Cosmas Brushed Brass finish is a perfect match for the Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brushed Brass finish. Attached is the Cosmas 755-4BB Cabinet Pull next to the KOHLER K-22975 Crue Single-handle bar sink faucet

• Sayble Humphress
    11 months ago

Thanks! Been looking for a match

• siewerta88
    11 months ago

Top Knobs honey bronze finish is identical too!

• Michael Pitsos
    11 months ago

Has anybody found any bathroom towel racks or TP holders that match the Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brushed Brass? Koehler wants $150 for a TP holder and I just can’t do it lol

• Ashley Marie
    11 months ago

Michelle, would you be able to share the backsplash details in your kitchen? Beautiful!

• Michelle Song
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Hi. thank you. from Generose Tile.

Resplendent Dolomite Bianco from Generose

• Nisha B.
    10 months ago

Kohler makes their own cabinet pulls and knobs to match the Vibrant Moderne Brass. I’m a stickler for detail…did anyone else find an exact color match with a non Kohler brand for cabinet hardware???

• Michelle K
    10 months ago

Kohler sells a sample of the moderne brass if you’re able to go to a showroom.

Waiting for hoodsly brass strapping to arrive… not sure if it will be the right tone.

• Katie B
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

I’ve tried at least 8 different brands from Amazon and this is the closest match I found to Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brushed Brass. They are Alpine Hardware in Brass https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNDXLG9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_YYGCDWZAHN15FH2REGMZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• tennisbets
    9 months ago

I am looking for towel racks and vanity lights. I found a TP holder on Amazon from Angle Simple in brushed gold and it is sturdy and matches perfectly. They don't have many towel racks to choose from so I ordered the set and it was a completely different color. Ugh. This is so hard.

• Morgan L
    9 months ago

wdccruise Super helpful! The Kohler website has all sorts of things that come in the vibrant moderne brass - even cabinet hardbar. Of course, all I really need is a disposal air switch cover, and they don't make those. Ugh. The search continues!

• tennisbets
    9 months ago

The items on the Kohler website are outrageously priced. I really wish I had ordered Moen brass faucets instead as their accessories are MUCH more reasonable. I ended up going with Moen towel bars and vanity light fixtures and ordered Jeffrey Alexander Satin bronze Alvar pulls from Build.com. It doesn't match perfectly in every light setting, but they are all in the same color family and go well enough together. Most of these items are spread out enough from each other that I think it will work.

• hdyer620
    7 months ago

Anyone fine bath and shower faucet fixtures that marche the Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brass color? I will absolutely use the above recommendations on our vanity cabinet!

• Nisha B.
    7 months ago

@hdyer620 we purchased the cabinet hardware from kohler!

• kittychuck
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

I found this thread on Door Corner that shows a photo of their brushed brass with the Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brass and it looks to be a perfect match. I ordered a few samples to try so will report back with any success!

• suzanneglynne
    6 months ago

@kittychuck....wondering if you could report re: the Cosmas Brushed Brass samples--are they truly a good match to the Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brass?

• Jake Gold
    6 months ago

theyre not, just ordered and i am returning

• suzanneglynne
    6 months ago

@Jake Gold thank you for the report-I'm sorry they didn't work:(

• Nisha B.
    6 months ago

@suzanneglynne best bet is to order from the cabinet hardware directly from the kohler site and you won’t have issues with the match

• M C
    6 months ago

Has anyone found a free standing tub filler that matches the Kohler Vibrant Brushed Moderne Brass? Would love recommendations!

• E Evartt
    5 months ago

Has anyone found a lighting fixture company with sconces in a finish that will match the Kohler Vibrant Brushed Moderne Brass? I would love to find the long "stem" type sconce to flank some mirrors.

• PRO
    Conner Construction
    5 months ago

I haven't found any light fixtures yet that really match the Vibrant Moderne Brass finish. Have ordered and returned many. Those black and brass ones shown above look great but would not work in my bathroom (navy vanity). I found some glass globed long stem sconces from Quorum that are nice looking and reasonably priced and I think I am going to try to lightly spray paint with some color that I hope will just pull it all together. Don't know what that spray paint color will be yet, but if I find one I'll letcha know ; )

• dbrazdz
    4 months ago

For bathroom accessories that match Kohler Vibrant Brass check out the Studio Design Collection from Floor and Decor. They match beautifully !https://www.flooranddecor.com/bathroom-hardware/brushed-gold-toilet-paper-holder-100585009.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwidSWBhDdARIsAIoTVb0IaRhdA97oh6z3Ixv7EFOy5oRLtK-OmUuzbQDgdfeAE2J7ZyZXbqwaAlzAEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Kristin Windhorst
    2 months ago

Did anyone find a garbage disposal air switch that looks good with the Kohler Vibrant Brass?

• Tami Loper
    2 months ago

Anyone know if Quorum Lighting's Aged Brass matches Kohler Brushed Brass?

• PRO
    Conner Construction
    2 months ago

I actually ended up using Kohler Devonshire ($99 at Build.com) sconces in Brushed Vibrant Brass. I replaced the glass shades that came with them with approximately 4"x8" frosted cylindrical globes for a more modern look. Perfection!

• Clarissa Spite
    2 months ago

Alpine Hardware Solid Stainless Steel Euro Bar Cabinet Handle Drawer Pull (1/2-inch Diameter), 7.50-inch Length (5-inch Hole Center), Gold Brass, 10-Pack https://a.co/d/1ghfvwx

• Clarissa Spite
    2 months ago

Almost a perfect match!

• Lucia Wilke
    last month
    last modified: last month

I went to a Ferguson Showroom and found that Colonial Bronze brand hardware in "Satin Brass" is a nice match. Their hardware is high end, so not cheap. Also, Creations by Alno in "Satin Brass" also looks to be a great match. I am using a different faucet by Newport Brass in "Satin BRONZE" and it's nearly identical to Kohler Vibrant Modern Brushed Brass ("MB2"). NB isn't a cheaper option, just another option. For light fixtures, I'm going to get the brass as close as I can, but if it's terribly off, I'll use Rub 'n Buff Wax to get the color closer to the hardware. https://a.co/d/6eClUul

• Kristin Windhorst
    last month

I came to update that I also went to Ferguson to look in person at the finishes. We also picked the Newport Brass "Satin Bronze" finish for the garbage disposal air switch to go with the Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brushed Brass.

• Lucia Wilke
    last month
    last modified: last month

I emaild my rep at Ferguson to ask about other color matches to Kohler Vintage Moderne Brushed Brass ("MB2"). I thought I'd share that feedback so you have a larger list of matching/very close matches for this finish:

• Colonial Bronze in “Satin Brass” (probably the closest match to MB2; also closest that matches Signature Hardware "Brushed Gold")
    • Creations by Alno in “Satin Brass”
    • Signature Hardware in "Brushed Gold"
    • Schaub and Company “Signature Satin Brass” or “Brushed Bronze”
    • Jeffery Alexander “Satin Bronze”
    • Hickory Hardware “Brushed Golden Brass”

We will be using a linear drain in the shower and she said Infinity Drain in "Satin Bronze" is the best match to MB2. https://infinitydrain.com/linear-drains I also asked about matching glass door hardware and she said I'd need to ask our door installer, so no help with that at the moment.

I also asked about these finishes; in italics is my rep's reply on if they match MB2.

• Top Knobs “Honey Bronze”? Nope
    • Amerock “Champagne Bronze”? No
    • Richelieu “Champagne Bronze”? No
    • Atlas “Warm Brass”? No, too yellow.
    • Miseno “Champagne Bronze”? No

Hope this helps someone!

• woodym
    last month

I just bought the Cosmas Brushed Brass and they are absolutely NOT a match. So many sites are saying they are but they are way off.

• delisaa
    last month

So happy to have found this thread, didn't know that buying directly from Kohler was an option. We too tried several options from Amazon, Contractors Warehouse, Lowes, Home Depot, Goldenwarm, and the local high end hardware story. Since the kitchen is being finished this week, we had to pay extra for next day delivery. We are matching the pulls with the Koi kitchen faucet in Vibrant Moderne Brass. Will post pics once the kitchen is completed.

• delisaa
    last month

Update: I received the Kohler handles and also the Goldenwarm handles that I ordered from Amazon. The goldenwarm are a great match! They weigh considerably less than the Kohler handles but significantly less also: $1500 vs $140! See pics

Goldenwarm handles from Amazon: goldenwarm 15Pcs Brushed Brass Drawer Pulls Gold Handles for Kitchen Cabinet 6-1/4 inch Modern Gold Dresser Hardware - LS201GD160 Brushed Gold Cupboard Door Pulls 8-4/5in Overall Length https://a.co/d/4NV5vP0

Kohler handle on the right

• Lucia Wilke
    last month

@delisaa -- thank you for that update! I'll have to check out that brand/finish.

• Lucia Wilke
    9 days ago

Just adding data to this thread... I ordered finish samples from Rejuvenation: Aged Brass, Satin Brass and Old Brass. The best match to MB2 (Kohler Vibrant Moderne Brushed Brass) is OLD BRASS. However, their "brass" hardware is mostly available in the other brass finishes and not Old Brass. I'll add pics in next post.

• Lucia Wilke
    9 days ago

• lszwartz
    7 hours ago

Does anyone know of an interior doorknob set to match?

• woodym
    3 hours ago

We just bought the Hickory Hardware Brushed Golden Brass and it was the best match we could find at an affordable price (after purchasing 5 others that were supposed to be matches). The kitchen looks great!

• Lucia Wilke
    2 hours ago

@lszwartz – I don't have any info on that, but haven't looked. If you have a specialty home selections store near you that carries lighthing, hardware, etc., they can probably help with that.

I was at one of those stores this week and found a couple more hardware finishes that do seem to work well with Kohler's Vibrant Moderne Brushed Brass (MB2)... They are:

• Ashley Norton - SATIN BRASS (I don't know how close this finish is to MB2 -- no pics to show, but I brought a MB2 finish sample and it was close enough to feel okay getting fixtures in this finish.

However, my NEW favorite finish that goes well with MB2 (and isn't crazy crazy expensive) is:

• Ashley Norton's NATURAL BRONZE. It is a living finish. When the piece is brand new, the color is a little shiny and not the best match, but as it ages, it develops into a beautiful brassy color with brown undertones. I think it's a beautiful authentic look compared to a lot of other warm brass-y finishes that look painted on.