SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nataly_kr

textured wall in foyer

Nataly K
3 years ago

I am in process of repainting and entire house. Most of my house was painted in early 2000 with textured walls. We got rid of all of them except the foyer/hallway area, where we thought we could figure out a different solution, because the quote to skim coat it was just too high.

Now we have to figure out what to do with it. Here is a photo. It is a two tone glaze over paint. There is a photo below.

The rest of the house is getting very light grey paint (BM Light Pewter, Light Pewter cut 25% and Shoreline). I am trying to create MCM/Scandi vibe. I thought just to paint it with regular paint over the texture first, but we tried a spot and it just looks wrong.

My painter suggested to add metallic paint over regular paint, I got samples, I thought it would just add a little sparkle in the recessed areas, but it created a mirror like horror. Now the painter is suggesting Venetian Plaster on top of the texture. I haven't seen anything like this in person, so not sure what it will be like. I am beginning to get nervous. What are my options to make this work with the rest of the house? I really don't want to step back and get the skim coat people in again...

Should we just recreate the glazed look with different paint colors to match the rest of the house?

Is there any single paint/sheen that would make it look good? What we tried is BM eggshell like the rest of the house. One requirement is that it should be easy to clean and touchup: kids and a dog live here.

Comments (10)