Hump Day Brain Game-----SOLUTION!

Jasdip

SaveComment25Like
Comments (25)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lars

Most are easy, but 3 and 4 are taking longer. I have an idea for 4, but it might not be correct.

Save    
Jasdip

If anyone gets #3, you're a certified genius, in my eyes! :-)

2 Likes Save    
bpath

#3 and #6 will keep me busy today! As always, I think I may have something for #6, which means it’s wrong.

Save    
Fun2BHere

I thought I got all but #3, but my guess for #4 was wrong.

Save    
Rusty

I'm having trouble with #3 and #4, the rest seem pretty easy, which may be misleading.

Rusty

Save    
lily316

Can't get 3 or 4 and I'm probably wrong on the others too.

Save    
bpath

Okay, I think I have #6. Actually I had the answer, I was trying to find WHY it was the answer, if that makes sense. (Happens to me with cryptic crossword puzzles, too.)

Save    
Jasdip

BPath, you shouldn't have too much trouble with #6, it's pretty straight-forward.

Save    
bpath

Okay, now I think I have #3, part of it anyway. But I don’t think it is an expression I use. Just checked with DS, and he agrees, it is an expression but may not common. (He‘s a certified genius!)

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

I only have 1, 2, and 5. If my child was here they might take us further? They didn't on Sunday! So maybe not.

Save    
OutsidePlaying

Like most of you, having trouble making #3 make sense. I can force something but it’s probably wrong. I think I have #4 also but it may be wrong. The others came quickly.

Save    
matthias_lang

Woo-hoo, I think I got them all. Bpath, I too would not say 3# the way it is presented, but it's legit.

Save    
nicole___

I gave up and Googled #3. I never would have put that together.

Save    
blfenton

I have #'s 1, 4 and 5. I add my normal caveat - I think.

Save    
Jasdip

1. The Odds are Overwhelming
2. Vanished into Thin Air
3. Wireless Internet
4. Close Quarters
5. He's Getting Under my Skin
6. Part-time Job

Save    
bpath

Isn’t #3 literally “wireless web”? How did it get ”internet”? These puzzles don’t usually change things up in quite that way.

Save    
Lars

The placement of the minus sign in #3 is extremely poor. I read it as an underscore sign. If it had been placed beside the "R" it would have been readable as a minus sign. Sometimes the clues are just lame, and so I stop trying to guess after a certain amount of time.

The other day I was looking at the 7 little words puzzle, and half the clues were wrong. When I looked at it again a couple of hours later, the clues had been corrected.

2 Likes Save    
bpath

I started out thinking that the line was a space or a blank, but that didn’t make sense given the space between the Y and R, so I had to rethink how else a little line like that might be used. It wasn‘t a fraction or “under/over“ because it was too short.

Thanks for the reminder of 7 Little Words, the icon went missing off my phone so I haven’t played it in awhile.

1 Like Save    
nicole___

Me too. Thought #3 was an underscore. Then I couldn't "unsee" it. But...I liked the rest of the puzzles. ☺ Thanks for posting it!

1 Like Save    
Rusty

Does anyone else feel pretty dumb when you see the answers and they look so logical you wonder how were you able to NOT see them? I felt pretty sure #3 had something to do with the Internet, but just couldn't put it together. The minus sign didn't register as such, I thought it was a partial underline, which made no sense.

I did finally, this morning, get #4, which is too simple to take that long. I guess my brain is getting old and worn out, like the rest of me.

Rusty

2 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

I agree with Lars re #3. And Rusty. Kept thinking it must have something to do with the internet but the placement of the dash put me off.

1 Like Save    
lily316

I would never have gotten 3, I said crowded quarters for 4.

Save    
bpath

Lily, your answer has the same concept, so I think it works. My alternative Answer for it was “tight quarters”, which also works I think,

2 Likes Save    
bragu_DSM 5

I thought it might be four quarters (like a fb game)

Save    
Lars

I also thought #4 was four quarters, which I still think is a valid solution.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Living Rooms Room of the Day: Reclaiming a Family Area From Kid Chaos
Stain-resistant fabrics and an extra-sturdy rug are just the beginning of the smart, stylish features in this newly refined space
Full Story
Life Table Manners for Modern-Day Dining
Elbows and cell phones? Maybe. Forgetting to say 'thank you'? No way. Our mealtime etiquette guide takes the guesswork out of group dining
Full Story
Remodeling Guides Room of the Day: Storage Attic Now an Uplifting Master Suite
Tired of sharing a bathroom with their 2 teenage kids, this couple moves on up to a former attic space
Full Story